- Courtesy renewal postcards are mailed out approximately the first of the month of expiration.
- If you did not receive your renewal card, the timely renewal of your registration is still your responsibility. Contact your County Clerk’s Motor Vehicle Office for current fees if your license plate is expired.
- Make sure you still own this vehicle.
- Use the blue mailing label to mail your check or money order and postcard to the Clerk and Recorder.
- Include proof of insurance if it is noted on your postcard renewal notice. All motor vehicle types MUST have insurance to be driven on Colorado highways. House Bill 98-1213, which became effective July 1, 1999, requires that prior to registration or renewal, owners of tax Class C vehicles (passenger, motor home and motorcycle), must provide proof of insurance. Effective May 12, 2000, owners of Class B vehicles (including light trucks and SUV’s) must show proof of insurance before registering vehicles. Signing the back of the renewal card DOES NOT constitute showing proof of insurance.
- Provide us with your new physical and mailing addresses if they have changed.
- Please return the renewal card with payment in an envelope so that it will reach the County Clerk’s Office before the last day of the expiration month. Checks should be made payable to Morgan County Clerk. A contact phone number should be included on the check.
- If moving from anothe county within the State of Colorado, emission requirements and fees may differ. Please call the Motor Vehicle Office at 970-542-3521 for information.